5 a day, 5 a day – It’s a sentiment of fruit and vegetable intake that we’re all familiar with. Now, being vegan naturally increases your likelihood of scoring those 5 varied portions of plant-based foods each day, however, if you’re on the go and have a busy schedule, you may be missing out on those fresh foods. So here’s an easy morning solution that will not only cut down the time you take to prepare breakfast, but will also score you some high points on your 5 a day counter, and yes, it’s another cheeky blender breakfast!
5 a day shake recipe:
- 2 Sticks of fresh celery (washed)
- 1 cup of cucumber
- 1 cup of green pepper
- 1 cup of fresh baby spinach leaves (washed thoroughly)
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed or ‘not from concentrate’ apple juice
- Ice cubes (optional)
- First Chop the Celery Sticks, Cucumber, and Green Pepper into chunks.
- Pour the Apple juice into your smoothie maker or blender, and add in the above-chopped ingredients, plus the spinach.
- Blend the ingredients until no lumps are present and to make extra refreshing add about 5 ice cubes to the mixture and blend again.
- When ready, the mixture will contain lots of bubbles and will be very frothy, which will add to the smoothie effect. Generally, you will get a juice forming at the bottom and the froth all at the top, so make sure to serve immediately after blending.
- Place some sliced vegetable to the side of the glass for decoration.
Recipe source: http://hubpages.com/food/5-a-Day-Vegetable-Smoothies